The CMC series is made up of six USB-powered controllers that can be individually combined to form a custom-made Cubase control desk. Whether beat creation, transport control, editing or multi-track mixing, there is the perfect model for every task. Each of the six slim-sized units is unique in its own way and features a dedicated set of illuminated rotary encoders, touch faders or pads — each of them designed to take hands-on control of a specific section in Cubase. Due to the adoption of Cubase’s icons and color scheme, users will instantly feel at home with the workflow. Take control, keep focused and be flexible — the CMC series will tremendously speed up your recording, editing and mixing workflow no matter if you are in the studio or on the go.
CMC models at a glance:
- CMC-CH is the hardware equivalent of the eminently powerful Cubase channel section and brings hands-on access to all channel-related functions.
- CMC-FD carries four newly developed, high resolution touch faders that provide precision control over four Cubase channels at the same time, including solo/mute and metering.
- CMC-TP provides instant access to the Cubase transport section, featuring dedicated buttons and an innovative, multi-purpose touch slider for convenient DAW control.
- CMC-PD houses a MPC-style 4×4 pad matrix, which makes it the ultimate controller for creating dynamic grooves and natural percussion patterns.
- CMC-QC brings the powerful Cubase Quick Controls to your fingertips and provides precise tactile control over the Cubase Channel EQ and external MIDI devices.
- CMC-AI features Steinberg’s groundbreaking AI Knob and is a truly versatile and time-saving addition to any Cubase system.
Best of all, with the included joint plate, up to nine CMC units can be combined to design a personal controller system. For even more flexibility, you can use the PD, FD or any other CMC model together with Steinberg’s CC121 Advanced Integration controller. And the optionally available, beautifully crafted frames provide a convenient way to safely mount your units.
Perfect ergonomics, instant plug-and-play compatibility with Cubase and user-assignable functions make the CMC series the ultimate choice for any serious Cubase user — so get in touch, take control and stay flexible.*
- Six unique micro controllers perfectly tailored to Cubase users
- Modular approach allows for flexible expansion
- Most seamless Cubase integration ever seen
- Innovative technology including high-resolution touch fader
- Portable due to compact design and USB power
Price: 136/168 £ (release in october 2012)